It may take up to 20-30 minutes to complete your application. It is recommended to complete your application in one sitting. There is not a "save" feature for you to complete your application later. You may go back and forward while completing the application, but after you click submit, you cannot make any changes to your application.
ISTEP Executive Council members provide structure to the ISTEP program by:
- Planning events and activities for ISTEP chapters statewide
- Representing their chapter in the statewide level of leadership - being a voice for your chapter
- Engaging in local tobacco prevention activities with their chapter
- Providing information to their local chapter about planned ISTEP initiatives
- Promoting the ISTEP program
- Interacting and collaborating with other ISTEP chapters in their area
To be eligible for a position as an ISTEP Executive Council member, you must be a youth in Iowa who is in grades 7-12, and involved in a local ISTEP chapter or working to start an ISTEP Chapter locally.
*Applicants need to have access to a computer and the internet. This will be the most common way of communicating with ISTEP members and staff. Most of our meetings are held online.
ISTEP Executive Council Guidelines:
- Attend and participate in a minimum of 1 in person meeting/training, if applicable
- Attend and participate in a minimum of 4 online meetings
- Attend and participate in a minimum of 2 local events/activities per year with your chapter
- Attend the ISTEP Summit (with your chapter)
- Have regular communication with your Community Partnership or involvement on a local coalition that addresses tobacco use
- Have regular communication with the ISTEP Youth Coordinator and involvement in Area Council meetings