Sure, our message is serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. Throughout the year, each chapter organizes its own street marketing activities, then once a year, ISTEP students from all across Iowa get together for the ISTEP summit. It’s where we meet other chapter members and discover even more ways to take action against tobacco.
All Iowa youth who are in grades 7-12 are invited to attend, free of cost. ISTEP Executive Council members plan and lead the summit. Plus, we get great guest presenters from all over the country. Invitations are posted on social media and emailed to chapters who have registered online.
Join us at the Summit on October 12, 2023!
Basics of the day
- The Summit will be held in person from 10:00 am to 2:30 pm with registration beginning at 9:00 am.
- It will be located at the Varied Industries Building on the Iowa State Fairgrounds (3000 E Grand Ave, Des Moines, Iowa 50317). Enter the South side of the building.
- Breakfast, lunch and snack will be provided.
- Groups are expected to provide and arrange your own transportation. Email Jill.Wright@idph.iowa.gov no later than September 28th to discuss travel assistance options.
It's simple to attend
- Gather a group from your school who want to come, or come by yourself to make new friends. Get permission from your school.
- Complete the required paperwork.
- Register online and upload your completed paperwork!
To register, copy and paste this link into a new browser window: https://go.iastate.edu/FNDAWR
- Complete the registration link no later than Thursday, October 5.
- Print, distribute and collect the required youth registration forms.
- Return the paperwork by attaching it to an email (2023_IS.email@example.com) or by bringing it with you the day of the Summit and turning it into registration.
**Ensure paperwork does not have missing information. Failure to return fully complete registration forms will result in not being able to attend.
Find important documents below!
2023 Summit Agenda
2023 Summit Flyer
2023 Summit Poster
Required Paperwork for youth